SOAS University of London is offering two degree-level programmes taught entirely outside the UK, in partnership with Ngee Ann Academy: the Bachelor of Science Management and Bachelor of Arts International Management and South East Asian Studies .
Students will be taught at Ngee Ann Academy by experts from a range of disciplines including finance, management, cultures and languages at SOAS University of London.
BSc Management provides students with a strong grounding in specialist knowledge of business and management, as well as the knowledge and skills needed to be effective managers in a challenging world. In addition, students will develop an excellent understanding of the key issues shaping international business strategy which will be a big asset in the world of commerce and international trade.
BA International Management and South East Asian Studies enables students to gain a strong grounding in business management theories, as well as draw on SOAS’s expert knowledge of the historical and cultural context of Southeast Asia. In addition to developing a critical, analytical understanding of the region, students gain significant knowledge and skills (including one SEA language skill) which will boost their qualifications for finding employment, or further study for a higher degree.
SOAS is home to around 5,200 undergraduate and postgraduate students who study on campus, together with a further 3,000 who are registered for one of our distance and online learning programmes. Around half of our students study at postgraduate level, with the remainder taking undergraduate or foundation programmes, or engaging in our SOAS Summer School.
Celebrating more than 100 years of research and teaching excellence, SOAS’s world-class scholars are well-placed to provide the analysis and understanding of our rapidly changing world.
Our programmes are taught by respected specialists engaged in fieldwork and research which influence government policy and the lives of individuals across the globe. SOAS scholars grapple with the pressing issues confronting two-thirds of humankind today: democracy, development, economy, finance, public and corporate policy, human rights, migration, identity, legal systems, poverty, religion, and social change.
Our vision is of an interconnected world where SOAS plays an important role in addressing the challenges facing the world by:
- Challenging perspectives through its research and teaching
- Helping to build bridges in a complex world
- Applying a global lens to the critical issues of our time
- Developing graduates who can influence and make an impact throughout their careers
- Developing new intellectual and strategic partnerships
Achievements and accolades
- SOAS ranked in the World’s Top 50 universities for internationalism (QS World University Rankings 2021)
- SOAS ranked 14 in the UK and 1st in London under The 2020 ranking in the Guardian for Business, Management and Marketing
- SOAS is ranked within Top 40 universities in the UK under the Complete University Guide 2021
- SOAS is the world’s leading institution for the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East
- Established in 1916, SOAS has over 100 years of experience in teaching and research
- World’s top 200 for Teaching in the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- SOAS is ranked 8th globally in Development Studies by the 2019 QS World University Rankings
School of Finance and Management
School of Finance and Management at SOAS is a leading centre for research in finance and management, aiming to enhance the theoretical and empirical understanding of finance and management in a global context.
Ranked 14th out of 133 universities in the UK and 1st in London for Business and Management by The Guardian University League Table 2020.
Our research combines specialist knowledge of world financial and management systems, drawing on a long tradition of management research, including the theory of the growth of the firm, large international corporations, oil economies, patents, innovation and economic development, international finance and management.
Our teaching is underpinned by our global research activity and our outstanding programmes’ focus on developing an international perspective, encouraging students to apply critical thinking to real-world issues and management processes.
Studying with the School of Finance and Management will allow you to develop a truly international perspective and unrivalled understanding of key issues shaping international business strategy, the performance of companies and the growth economies in today’s interconnected global economy.
For more information on SOAS University of London please visit: www.soas.ac.uk