Student Orientation, a program that is required for all new and transfer students, will help you prepare for your transition into tertiary education as well as the expectations, challenges and opportunities that lie ahead. Students are highly encouraged to attend the Student Orientation program so that you will be welcomed and introduced to NAA, learn about University of Adelaide’s resources and processes, and briefed on the Student Handbook. You will also receive an orientation pack comprising useful documents as well as memorabilia.
Communication Skills Guide Book
The Guide is tailor-made for the postgraduate students at the University of Adelaide. The Guide tells you what our lecturers expect and how you can meet their standards.
Students will evaluate their course in the form of student surveys conducted at the end of each course and at the end of each term. One of the evaluation tools used at the University is the Student Experience of Learning and Teaching (SELT) system. The results of the surveys will provide the University and NAA an invaluable feedback for reviewing and improving the quality of the courses, the delivery and also our support and services.
NAA adopts the counseling service framework of the University of Adelaide to students enrolled in NAA.
Students enrolled in the NAA may seek academic counseling services from the University of Adelaide via NAA. Students may request for assistance to schedule a consultation with the appropriate academic staff at the university, i.e. the Academic Director or Programme Director to discuss and address any academic concerns.
Where cases are deemed to require more than academic advice, professional counseling services is available to all students. If a student wishes to speak to a counselor, an appointment can be made for him/her via the Student & Alumni Engagement department.
Please contact Student & Alumni Engagement department at email@example.com.
The Student and Alumni Engagement Department at NAA works hand in hand with the University of Adelaide to bring to our students useful workshops on academic writing and study skills workshops that will allow you to plan and carry out your coursework and assessments effectively, allowing you to realise your potential and to achieve academic success on your course during your time at NAA.
NAA Resource Centre
Ngee Ann-Adelaide Education Centre Pte Ltd offers library services for all staff and students. The Resource Centre is located at Level 3 of NAA. It holds a collection of textbooks, as well as reference books, that supports the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes we offer.
1. Loans Rules
- Students are allowed to borrow up to a maximum of 3 books for a period of 14 days.
- Books must be borrowed in person at the Student Services.
- Student must produce their Student Card, upon loan.
- Students are responsible for all loans borrowed under their name and materials must be returned in good condition.
- Returned items, which are mutilated or damaged, would have to be paid by the borrower.
- Books may only be reserved for a period of 5 working days; thereafter it shall be released for loan.
- Reservation can be done through email at studentservices@NAA.edu.sg.
- Renewal will be subjected to availability of books. Students may renew library books which are currently not being reserved.
- Renewal period may be extended for only 14 days from due date.
- Students may renew their books personally through email or via telephone.
4. Due/Overdue Items
- All loans should be promptly returned, unless renewed.
- Books may be returned at the Student Services during operating hours
The following self-help resources are available online.
- Managing Stress and being a Successful Student
- The Perfect Procrastinator
- Effortless Exams- Managing Exam Stress
- Time Management
- Study Tips for Succeeding at University
- Getting back on the study track
|Details||Operating Hours||Helpline Number|
|Alcoholic Anonymous||For those with alcohol issues||24 hours||6475 0890|
|Counselling and Care Centre||For people with emotional, psychological and relationship issues||By Appointment||6536 6366|
|Institute of Mental Health||Mental health hospital||24 hours appointment||6389 22226389 2200|
|Mount Elizabeth – Charter’s Helpline||For anyone with psychological, behavioural, emotional or addiction problems||24 hours||1800 738 9595|
|Samaritans of Singapore (SOS)||For emotional support and to prevent suicide.||24 hours||1800 221 4444|
|TOUCHLINE (Touch Youth Service)||For youths who seek to be empowered in managing life issues||Daily: 10am – 10pm||1800 377 2252|