Singapore Computer Society
On 14 October 2011, Singapore Computer Society and Ngee Ann – Adelaide Education Centre Pte Ltd signed a Memorandum of Understanding to launch the SCS – NAA Student Chapter.
Under the collaboration between SCS and Ngee Ann – Adelaide Education Centre, students from the School of Computer Science at NAA are entitled to enjoy a wide array of exclusive benefits and privileges such as:
- Complimentary SCS e-newsletter
- Free admission to selected Member Rapport Nites and many subsidized social functions for social networking with the industry
- Preferential rates on conferences & seminars supported by SCS
- Site visits to technology firms
- Career talks and opportunities
- Lifestyle activities and events
- Hobbies / Interest Groups
More importantly, students can expect to meet like-minded counterparts who share similar interests and passion for the industry. This is an invaluable experience for you to be part of a professional body that has been the cornerstone for the community of infocomm technologies practitioners.
Singapore infocomm Technology Federation
Industry Partner and Award Sponsor for SiTF Awards 2011 / 2012
Singapore infocomm Technology Federation (SiTF) comprises corporate members ranging from local start up to established MNCs. It works with various stakeholders in the ICT industry in promoting and creating awareness in emerging technologies such as Digital Media, Cloud Computing, Green IT, Wireless, Security and Governance. SiTF’s charter is to serve as the voice of the Singapore infocomm industry and to provide her members with platforms and opportunities to increase their market presence and business reach.
Project Management Institute
Industry Partner and Sponsor for PMI Regional Symposium 2011 / 2012
The Project Management Institute Singapore Chapter is the country chapter of Project Management Institute (PMI). The PMI Singapore Chapter was formally established in April 1, 1999 and is registered with the Registrar of Societies Singapore. A Protem Committee led by Dr. Yeo Khim Teck applied and got approval for the Chapter and drafted the Constitution of the Chapter. The first Annual General Meeting of the Chapter was held on March 21, 2001. The AGM adopted the Constitution of the Chapter and formally launched the operation of AGM.
Currently there are 1720 members registered with PMI as Singapore Chapter Members.
The Singapore chapter is very active and conducts various activities for its members such as Focus Groups, member’s networking and social activities, professional development and training and conferences.
Certified IT Project Management Programme (CITPM)
Certified IT Project Managers (CITPM) who gain admission into the Master of Project Management programmewill be considered for an unspecified elective exemption and will be granted 15 Continuing Professional Credits per year. The Certification of IT Project Management is a programme administered by the Singapore Computer Society.
Managed by Singapore Computer Society (SCS) and Endorsed by the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA)
The CITPM is an essential qualification for a career in IT project management. The certification aims to raise the level of professionalism in the management of IT projects and provides a valuable mean for IT project managers to attain professional status and recognised qualification.
- World’s first IT Project Manager Certification
- Managed by SCS and endorsed by IDA
- Yardstick for employers in the recruitment of IT Project Managers and assessment of staff capabilities
- Accredited by National University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological University
The programme is for you if you:
- Intend to make a career in the information systems as an IT project manager
- have been a project team leader, systems analyst or systems development practitioner
- or have been an experienced project manager who wants a recognised professional qualification
- Important criterion for government IT projects