Master of Education
The Master of Education is designed for teachers, trainers, educational consultants or any domestic or international students who wish to strengthen their knowledge and understanding of education, curriculum development, by undertaking several related specialisation in curriculum areas or area of education, wish to develop their career in a particular direction, leadership and policy management or anyone who wants to enjoy the academic and intellectual challenge.
Study pathways will be determined according to specialisations, entry points and desired exits points. Pathways will consist of suites of courses valued at 12 units (normally exiting with a Graduate Certificate); and 48 units or 24 units (dependent on degree of advanced standing) exiting with a Master of Education.
This programme is offered on a part-time basis:
- Educational Policy Studies (3 units)
- Curriculum Development & Innovation (3 units)
- Pedagogical Engagement & Learning (3 units)
- Assessment & Evaluation (3 units)
- Research Design (3 units)
- Education Dissertation (12 units) or Education Major Project (6 units)
- Qualitative Approaches to Research (3 units)
- Neuroscience & Education (3 units)
- Educational Leadership in Diverse Contexts (3 units)
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods (3 units)
- Measurement, Assessment & Evaluation (3 units)
- Multicultural Society and Educational Policy (3 units)
- Education Issues in a Global Community (3 units)
- Reflective Practice in Learning and Teaching (3 units)
- Online Learning (3 units)
- Research Communication (3 units)
Students are required to validate on pre-requisite and/or assumed knowledge before course enrolment.
Please note that not all electives shall be offered in each academic year.
- Education and Teacher professional development
- Leadership, Training and Innovation
- Measurement and Assessment Research Methods
- Higher Education and Research Training
- History Curriculum
- Science, Mathematics and Technology
- Publication Skills Education
- Online Education in Higher Education
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent from the University of Adelaide, or a degree of another institution accepted by the Faculty
- The Faculty may accept as a candidate for the degree a person who does not satisfy the requirement of admission above but who had presented evidence satisfactory to the Faculty of fitness to undertake the work of the degree.
- Applicants who have an undergraduate degree in education may be granted 24 units advanced standing and required to complete 8 courses (24 units) to meet the requirements for the Master of Education.
- Applicants who have an undergraduate degree other than education, who have significant teaching experience may apply for advanced standing for the Master of Education. This will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- Graduates of the Republic Polytechnic Specialist Diploma in Applied Learning and Teaching (SDALT) with at least 2 years of teaching experiences or curriculum work in education, can also get up to 50% credit exemptions.
|Fee Per Course||S$2,220|
|Total Program fee (16 courses)||S$35,520|
|Application fee (upon application submission)||
- The above fees are subjected to prevailing GST (not applicable for Administration Fee).
- The total fee payable per programme will vary if exemptions are granted.
Course fees are charged on the basis of the number of courses enrolled in a given term.
All fees quoted are in Singapore dollars. NAA reserves the right to change the course fee without prior notice.
May include, but not limited to examinations, group assignments, individual assignments, research projects, consulting projects, presentations, quizzes, tests, tutorial work as prescribed within each course.
The academic year is made up of four terms of approximately 12 weeks each. Students can complete up to two courses in each term delivered over intensive blocks of lectures and/or tutorials.
Provides advanced career options for trainers across various industries e.g. education, police, nursing or business; to teach in higher education sectors; education consultants; educational policy developer and/or to enhance existing qualifications as a teacher.
- Knowledge and understanding of the content and techniques of a chosen discipline at advanced levels that are internationally recognised.
- The ability to locate, analyse, evaluate and synthesise information from a wide variety of sources in a planned and timely manner.
- An ability to apply effective, creative and innovative solutions, both independently and cooperatively, to current and future problems.
- Skills of a high order in interpersonal understanding, teamwork and communication.
- A proficiency in the appropriate use of contemporary technologies.
- A commitment to continuous learning and the capacity to maintain intellectual curiosity throughout life.
- A commitment to the highest standards of professional endeavour and the ability to take a leadership role in the community.
- An awareness of ethical, social and cultural issues within a global context and their importance in the exercise of professional skills and responsibilities.
This programme does not constitute the requirements for a recognised teaching qualification. Students who are looking to become teachers will need to complete the Graduate Diploma in Education, prior to entering the Masters.
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the programmes and courses it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary the programmes and courses without being required to provide prior notice.