Graduate Certificate in Education
The Graduate Certificate in Education is designed for teachers, trainers, educational consultants or any student who wishes to further specialise in curriculum areas or area of education, or those wishing to change their specialist teaching curriculum areas, or those looking to alter the direction of their career. The program presents the foundation concepts required to if students with to continue into a Masters level degree.
This programme is offered on a part-time basis:
- Pedagogical Engagement & Learning (3 units)
- Assessment & Evaluation (3 units)
- Educational Policy Studies (3 units)
- Curriculum Development & Innovation (3 units)
Students are required to validate on pre-requisite and/or assumed knowledge before course enrolment.
- Education and Teacher professional development
- Leadership, Training and Innovation
- Measurement and Assessment Research Methods
- Higher Education and Research Training
- History Curriculum
- Science, Mathematics and Technology
- Publication Skills Education
- Online Education in Higher Education
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent from the University of Adelaide, or a degree of another institution accepted by the Faculty
- The Faculty may accept as a candidate for the degree a person who does not satisfy the requirement of admission above but who had presented evidence satisfactory to the Faculty of fitness to undertake the work of the degree.
Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct
|Fee Per Course||S$2,220|
|Total Program fee (4 courses)||S$8,880|
|Application fee (upon application submission)||
- The above fees are subjected to prevailing GST (not applicable for Administration Fee).
- The total fee payable per programme will vary if exemptions are granted.
Course fees are charged on the basis of the number of courses enrolled in a given term.
All fees quoted are in Singapore dollars. NAA reserves the right to change the course fee without prior notice.
The assessment structure consist of :
- Project Work
|Average Duration||12 months|
|Number of courses to enrol per term||Students are allowed to enrol into 1 or 2 courses per term.
Enrolment into 3 courses per term is subjected to approval by case by case basis.
|Total number of hours for each course:||30 hours|
|Total number of contact hours||120 hours|
|Frequency||Each course is taught over two intensive teaching block of 15 hours each.|
|Intensive Teaching Block||A typical intensive teaching block is as follows:
Friday: 7.00 pm – 10.00 pm
Saturday: 1.00 pm – 8.00 pm
Sunday: 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
|Total duration for the each course:||The total contact hours per course is 30 hours over ONLY 2 weekends with an interval of 3 to 4 weeks break between each weekend|
Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Education provides advanced career options: for trainers across various industries e.g. police, nursing or business; to teach in higher education including the TAFE and university sectors; education consultants; and/or to enhance existing qualifications as a teacher.
- Knowledge and understanding of the content and techniques of a chosen discipline at advanced levels that are internationally recognised.
- The ability to locate, analyse, evaluate and synthesise information from a wide variety of sources in a planned and timely manner.
- An ability to apply effective, creative and innovative solutions, both independently and cooperatively, to current and future problems.
- Skills of a high order in interpersonal understanding, teamwork and communication.
- A proficiency in the appropriate use of contemporary technologies.
- A commitment to continuous learning and the capacity to maintain intellectual curiosity throughout life.
- A commitment to the highest standards of professional endeavour and the ability to take a leadership role in the community.
- An awareness of ethical, social and cultural issues within a global context and their importance in the exercise of professional skills and responsibilities.
This program does not constitute the requirements for a recognised teaching qualification. Students who are looking to become teachers will need to complete the Graduate Diploma in Education, prior to entering the Masters.
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the programmes and courses it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary the programmes and courses without being required to provide prior notice.