Graduate Certificate in Applied Project Management
Project management is a cross-disciplinary field that is vital for innovative activity in organisations and industries. Traditionally, project management has played an important role in defence, aerospace, construction and engineering. Increasingly, project management is being applied in areas such as IT, banking and finance, disaster relief recovery, climate change, telecommunications and mining.
Whether you’re working on emergent projects, operating in dynamic project environments or collaborating across industry sectors, the Master of Applied Project Management gives you the project delivery expertise required to manage large, complex projects. Learn scalable project management concepts, methodologies and tools based on world’s best practice (PMBOK® Guide and PRINCE2™), and confidently apply your skills and knowledge to meet your professional and organisational goals. (PMBOK® Guide is a trademark of Project Management Institute, Inc.)
By choosing to study Applied Project Management at the University of Adelaide, you will benefit from our international reputation and world-class education. With a strong emphasis on holistic and systems based project management methods, combined with the practical application of concepts, techniques and tools, our postgraduate programmes are tailored to provide you with the skills required to become an innovative leader.
This programme is offered on a part-time basis:
- Managing Project and Systemic Risk (3 units)
- Systems Fundamentals (3 units)
- Applied Project Management 1 (3 units)
- Leadership of Organisations (3 units)
Students are required to validate on pre-requisite and/or assumed knowledge before course enrolment.
- An undergraduate degree; or
- 7 years relevant work experience supported by a portfolio of evidence is required
*An International English Language Test System (IELTS) academic test is applicable for non-English speaking background applicants.The minimum required overall band score is 6, with a minimum band score of 6 for all sections.
|Application Fee||S$100 (Non-Refundable)|
|Fee per Course||S$2,720|
|Total Tuition Fee||
- The above fees are subjected to prevailing GST (not applicable for Administration Fee).
- The total fee payable per programme will vary if exemptions are granted.
Course fees are charged on the basis of the number of courses enrolled in a given term.
All fees quoted are in Singapore dollars. NAA reserves the right to change the course fee without prior notice.
The academic year is made up of three trimesters of approximately 16 weeks each. Students can complete up to two courses in each trimester delivered over intensive blocks lectures and/or tutorials.
Applied Project Management programmes provide the knowledge and advanced practical skills to enable graduates to move into higher management positions within their chosen fields. Our programmes also greatly enhance the efficiency and output of existing management professionals.
Project Manager, Product Development Manager, Risk Manager, Innovation Manager, Manager / Business Management, Business Analyst, Business Consultant, Business Data Analyst, Consultant, Development Officer, Project Officer
- Knowledge and understanding of the content and techniques of a chosen discipline at advanced levels that are internationally recognised.
- The ability to locate, analyse, evaluate and synthesise information from a wide variety of sources in a planned and timely manner.
- An ability to apply effective, creative and innovative solutions, both independently and cooperatively, to current and future problems.
- Skills of a high order in interpersonal understanding, teamwork and communication.
- A proficiency in the appropriate use of contemporary technologies.
- A commitment to continuous learning and the capacity to maintain intellectual curiosity throughout life.
- A commitment to the highest standards of professional endeavour and the ability to take a leadership role in the community.
- An awareness of ethical, social and cultural issues within a global context and their importance in the exercise of professional skills and responsibilities.
The University of Adelaide is a Registered Education Provider for the Project Management Institute (PMI®) and is approved by PMI® to issue Professional Development Units for its training courses. PMI is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute.
The University is also a member of the International Centre for Complex Project Management through the Defence Systems Innovation Centre.
Courses are registered with the Professional Engineers Board (PEB), Singapore. PEB is a statutory board in the Ministry of National Development.
Further, the Adelaide Business School is a full member of the European Foundation for Management Development (or EFMD). EFMD is one of the key business school networks in the world and being a part of the network will bring many opportunities for faculty and student exchanges, knowledge sharing and collaboration.
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the programmes and courses it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary the programmes and courses without being required to provide prior notice.