King’s at NAA
King’s College London is offering its first degree-level programme taught entirely outside the UK, in partnership with Ngee Ann Academy. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing with Honours will provide qualified nurses with the skills to deliver the best possible care, pioneer innovation and deliver improved outcomes for patients and their families.
The programme blends classroom and online education. Students will be taught at Ngee Ann Academy by experts from the Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care at King’s. They will also have access to the university’s online learning platform.
Studying the Bachelor of Science in Nursing is an opportunity for qualified nurses in Singapore to access excellent teaching from researchers and scholars based in one of the world’s great universities.
King’s College London
King’s College London is a research-led university based in the heart of London. Established in 1829, it is the fourth oldest university in England and today, it is consistently ranked among the top 25 universities in the world (QS World University Rankings).
Our vision is to make the world a better place. King’s has more than 29,000 students (including more than 11,700 postgraduates) from some 150 countries. We are committed to providing our students with a rounded education, developing them into the critical thinkers, problem solvers and change-makers the world needs. Through the highest quality disciplinary research and interdisciplinary collaborations, King’s staff and students contribute to facing down the world’s many diverse challenges. As a community of staff, students, partners and collaborators, King’s aspires to serve the needs and aspirations of society both locally and across the globe.
Achievements and accolades
- Ranked 23rd in the QS World University Rankings 2018
- Ranked 6th in the UK in the ‘power’ ranking of the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), which considers both the quality and quantity of research activity.
- 84 per cent of research deemed world-leading or internationally excellent in the 2014 REF.
- Academic partner in King’s Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering global collaboration between King’s and three of London’s most successful NHS Foundation Trusts, focusing on research, clinical services, education and training.
- Part of the Russell Group, an organisation of 24 leading UK universities which are committed to maintaining the very best research, an outstanding teaching and learning experience and unrivalled links with business and the public sector.
- Influenced many advances that have shaped modern life, such as the discovery of the structure of DNA and research that led to the development of radio, television, mobile phones and radar. In the field of medicine and healthcare, we’ve pioneered developments in antiseptic surgery, analytical pharmacology and palliative care.
The Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing,
Midwifery & Palliative Care
The Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care at King’s, is an internationally renowned centre for the delivery of cutting-edge education, training and research.
Directly descended from the world’s first school of nursing – the Nightingale Training School – established by Florence herself in 1860, today King’s is one of the top five universities in the world to study nursing (2018 QS World University rankings by Subject).
We teach our students to care for people in the most effective way possible and prepare them for success anywhere in the world. Alongside academic ability, our students are caring, compassionate, competent in practice and committed to excellence.
Our research tackles the big questions that impact on the health and wellbeing of individuals, families and populations. We are home to the Cicely Saunders Institute, the world’s first purpose-built Institute for Palliative Care and Rehabilitation. The institute brings clinical and academic teams together to discover, evaluate and translate solutions to make high quality palliative care available to everyone who needs it.
Florence Nightingale pioneered the use of evidence and data to achieve nursing excellence and her legacy is known throughout the world. In the spirit of Nightingale’s vision, we’re committed to delivering world-class education underpinned by best-practice in nursing and midwifery on an international scale. Through our collaboration with the Nanjing Health School in China and our partnership with the Ngee Ann Academy in Singapore, we’re establishing a globally connected network of education, research and healthcare practitioners.
For more information on King’s College London visit: www.kcl.ac.uk