Alumni Photos & Events
St John’s Island Nature Walk – 26 November 2017
Learn more about coral reefs, fish, heritage trees, insects including spiders, reptiles, amphibians, birds, marine research and conservation in Singapore.
Meeting time: 8.15am (*Ferry departs at 9am sharp)
Meeting place: Marina South Pier (5 mins walk from MRT station-NS 28)
Limited to 30 pax @ $10 per pax
RSVP to Chelsea at email@example.com by 10 November 2017. (Do include the following, full name, graduation year, course completed, food preferences (eg. vegan, halal), no. of family members joining and mobile numbers).
- Duration is about 4.5 hours, including 30 mins ferry ride both direction, children must be minimum of 8 years old.
- Covered shoes must be worn, sunshades, a cap, a raincoat or umbrella might be needed.
- Bring insect repellent, a bottle of drinking water (refill is possible only in the Marine Park Outreach and Education Centre).
- Strictly no feeding of any food to all wild animals or marine life.
- No damage to any plants or wildlife is allowed.
- Indonesia mobile signals is available for those with auto roaming.
- Possibility of feeling seasick during the ferry rides, participants are responsible and fully liable for their own safety.
- Do take note that neither beverages nor food is sold on St John’s Island, a bottle of water and lunch will be provided.
Zoo trip for the elderly from Sree Narayana Mission – 8 December 2017
We had a fantastic Christmas Party last year at the Sree Narayana Mission Home. We want to continue the good work and generosity.
AUAAS will like to encourage all our members to come forward in aid of the less fortunate. It is our way of engaging in Corporate Social Responsibility. The benefits of volunteerism is tremendous and it will give us a sense of meaningful contribution. Please make your pledge generously. We need to raise $1200 in pledged donation for this event.
We will like to invite all members to participate as we come together and bring the elderly for a Zoo trip. We will also host lunch at the Zoo.
We need volunteers to help out to bring joy and smiles to the residents’ faces. We also invite members to bring along their children to participate in this meaningful event. It is a good way to inculcate a sense of giving. Gift packs will be distributed to all the elderly residents that consists of biscuits, drinks and a gift.
We are looking to raise $1200 to fund this event. In order to make this event successful, members are strongly encouraged to contribute at least $30 to $50 or more (includes the $33 cost of zoo ticket) each and participate in this event. Participation is important as we are playing host. A Certificate of Participation will be presented to AUAAS.
Date: Friday 8 December 2017
Time: 9.00 am to 1pm
Venue: Singapore Zoo
MRT: Mandai Express from Khatib MRT Exit A Passenger Pick-Up Point ($1 per pax)
Members who are unable to participate but will like to contribute are also welcome to do so. Payment can be made by cheque to Adelaide University Alumni Association (Singapore) and mailed to Ngee Ann-Adelaide Education Centre, 97 Tank Road, #03-00 Teochew Building, Singapore 238066. For those participating, payment can also be made by cash on the day itself.
Please contact Chelsea at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your full name to confirm your participation and/or donation by 20 Nov 2017.
Details on Sree Narayana MissionFounded in 1948, Sree Narayana Mission (Singapore) is one of the nation’s leading charitable organisations, operating a range of welfare services dedicated to helping the community at large. It was officially opened in 1994 by Dr Tony Tan.The Home has 219 residents evenly split between male and females (Chinese 76%, Indians 21% and Malay 3%). The ages vary from 44 to 105.